Getting Off Auto - This one day photography workshop has been specifically designed for those that want to get off auto and get on with great photography. Pamela will explain the basics of your DSLR, show you some simple techniques and talk to you individually about your camera settings. Pamela will make sure everyone gets individual attention. Commences midday.
- Session 1 – 12 noon - Meet at a “venue to be advised” for the first classroom session. We will start with the basics of Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO and how they combine to get the correct exposure. You will find out how to set them on your camera and what it means. We will start with the theory and then put each stage into practice, right here, right now.
- Session 2 – 2.30 pm - We’ll delve deeper into your camera settings and really look at what your camera is capable of in an easy step by step process. This session will explain and demystify those ‘other’ settings on your camera. You’ll learn about depth of field, focus points, metering and much more.
- Session 3 - 5 pm – We head out for a photo walkabout. You’ll learn the best settings for particular circumstances and put things we have learnt into practice.
Things you will need:
- Camera gear - Digital SLR with FULLY CHARGED BATTERY.
- Any lenses ranging from 15mm to 200mm (don't worry if you don't have all the lenses - you will still learn a lot with your digital SLR and kit lens)
- Memory card
- Sturdy tripod (don’t worry if you don’t have one - there are spares).
- Camera owners manual - Important!
- Comfortable non-slip walking shoes.
- Drinking water/bottle
- Sunscreen and hat
- Spare batteries
Please note: This workshop operates on a minimum 2 - max 4 participants. This will ensure that there is plenty of time for you to receive comprehensive personal tuition from Pamela. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further details on any of my workshops or if you have any other questions, please phone Pamela on 0417 560 559