Getting Off Auto - This full day photography workshop has been specifically designed for those that want to get off auto and get on with great photography. Pamela will explain the basics of your DSLR, show you some simple techniques and talk to you individually about your camera settings. Pamela will make sure everyone gets individual attention.
- Session 1 - 9:00am - Meet at the Broome Community Resource Centre for a ‘Getting to Know your Camera’ classroom session to kick off the day. Here we’ll go through camera settings in depth and really look at what your camera is capable of.
- Session 2 - 10:45am - This session will explain and demystify those ‘other’ settings on your camera. You’ll learn about depth of field, shutter speed, ISO, focus points, metering and much more, Easy things for the experts but quite daunting to people new to digital photography.
- Session 3 - 1.30pm – After lunch we’ll head off for a photo walkabout. You’ll learn the best settings for particular circumstances and put some of the mornings’ theory into practice.
- Session 4 - 3:00 pm – Back to the classroom and you’ll see the fruits of your labour. We’ll upload some of the images from the shoot and go through some basic editing skills to get you started on enhancing your images.
Things you will need:
- Camera gear - Digital SLR with FULLY CHARGED BATTERY.
- Any lenses ranging from 15mm to 200mm (don't worry if you don't have all the lenses - you will still learn a lot with your digital SLR and kit lens)
- Memory card
- Sturdy tripod (don’t worry if you don’t have one - there are spares).
- Camera owners manual - Important!
- Comfortable non-slip walking shoes.
- Drinking water/bottle
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and hat
- Spare batteries
Please note: This workshop operates on a minimum 2 - max 6 participants. This will ensure that there is plenty of time for you to receive comprehensive personal tuition from Pamela. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further details on any of my workshops or if you have any other questions, please phone Pamela on 0417 560 559