This Broome based workshop will give you the skills and know how to stars and the milkyway by mastering long exposure night photography. If storms are about we will try our hand a lightning and storm photography. Duration 2 hrs
You will learn about:
- Camera settings and tips for photographing the stars
- The relationship between Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO in astro photography
- Composition tips
- Methods for adding light painting to your night-scapes
To get the best results from this workshop, you will need:
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera (with manual exposure and bulb exposure controls)
- Your widest angle lens or zoom (eg. 24mm – 70mm, 16mm to 35mm)
- A remote shutter release if you have one (not essential)
- A stable tripod (if you don’t have one, I can hire you one for the night)
- Head torch will be handy or torch if you have one or both!
- Camera manual if your not familiar with your camera settings.
Come and join us for a night of creative photography while you learn to master the art of night photography.
Note: Participants will need to have basic familiarity with their gear and be able to set your Aperature, Shutter Speed and ISO manually.